Kashmiri Overseas Association, Inc. (KOA) is a non-profit, tax-exempt socio-cultural organization registered in Maryland, USA. Its purpose is to protect, preserve, and promote Kashmiri ethnic and socio-cultural heritage, to promote and celebrate festivals, and to provide financial assistance to the needy and deserving. In addition, lectures, symposiums, debates, and discussions are held from time to time to highlight and resolve some of the issues facing our community in this country.
Donation for a Cause
KOA runs a number of programs whose purpose is to protect, preserve, and promote Kashmiri ethnic and socio-cultural heritage, to promote and celebrate festivals, and to provide financial assistance to the needy and deserving. Your contribution in US dollars is tax-deductible. Please donate generously and make KOA a stronger organization.
- Sponsor-a-Child Program – $250/child/year – Since 1995, KOA has implemented this program for the age group 5 to 17 year olds for those living in the refugee camps in Jammu, India. This program aims to provide educational opportunities to the children directly affected by the ongoing terrorism in Kashmir. Read More >>>
- Educational Assistance Program – $500/child/year – This program was initiated at the KOA National Camp in 1994, at that time a suggestion was made that the best way to help our devastated community back in India was to help needy community students in their pursuit of higher education, so that they could get a gainful employment. The applicant must be a refugee from Kashmir Valley and has to provide proof of admission in a recognized educational institution. Read More >>>
- Medical Fund – Every year KOA gets hundreds of letters from Kashmiri Pandits (KPs), mostly from Jammu, seeking financial help for their loved ones undergoing serious medical conditions. People in refugee camps are suffering numerous ailments. Harsh climate, unhealthy living conditions, high stress level have led to depression and a variety of ailments among the refugees. Problem is compounded by lack of medical facilities and equipment in the nearby areas. Read More >>>
- India Outreach – Partner with various social community organizations in India on preservation of our culture and heritage, and evaluate some programs where in KOA can collaborate for tangible outcome. Read More >>>
- General Donation – KOA runs many programs to preserve, protect and promote age old KP Culture. KOA has many programs to serve our members here in the USA and also programs to help our brethren back in India.
KOA Appreciation Societies
KOA Inc. greatly appreciates the support it receives from donors. By establishing the KOA Appreciation Societies, the KOA Board of Directors recognizes these donors for their generous support of our mission and programs. Unless donors request otherwise, they will also be recognized in official KOA publications, Kashmiri Pandit International (KPI), Kasheer and the official KOA website http://koausa.org. While the following list acknowledges donors above a certain level, KOA Inc. is most appreciative of ALL the contributions received and requests their continued support. The society definitions shall be determined by the Board of Directors and revised from time to time.
- Bronze Society recognizes supporters whose gifts received during a single fiscal year total between $100 and $499.
- Silver Society recognizes supporters whose gifts during a single fiscal year total between $500 and $999.
- Gold Society recognizes supporters whose gifts during a single fiscal year total between $1,000 and $4,999.
- Platinum Society recognizes supporters whose gifts during a single fiscal year total between $5,000 and $9,999.
- Diamond Society recognizes supporters whose gifts during a single fiscal year total $10,000 or more.
|KOA Appreciation Societies|
$10,000 or more
|Chand K. & Rekha Bhan||Chand K. & Rekha Bhan|
>$5,000 and <$9,999
|Satish & Sharda Cherwoo Pratibha Kaul & Rakesh Bhan Shakuntala & Rajat Malik Inderjit & Sunita Kaul Ashwani Kaul & Mona Bhan||Inderjit & Sunita Kaul Rakesh & Pratibha Bhan Chaman Lal & Swaraj Vishin|
>$1,000 and <$4,999
>$500 and <$999
>$100 and <$499