Temples desecrated, damaged or destroyed
from 1987 to 1990
1. Sri Puran Raja Bhairo at
Hawal, Srinagar (completely
2. Vamdev Mandir, Hari Parbhat (completely burnt).
3. Kathlishwar Mandir, Zaindar mohalla, Srinagar
4. Gouri Shankar Mandir, Kani-Kadal (damaged).
5. Somyar Mandir, Habba Kaddal Shopping Complex
6. Shiv Mandir, Shetalnath, Srinagar (burnt)
7. Shiv Mandir, Malapora, Srinagar (burnt)
8. Sheelputri Asthapan, Mandir Baramulla (burnt).
9. Gautam Nag Mandir, Anantnag. Attacks have been
10. Raghunath Mandir, Anantnag. Attacks have been
11. Tikipora Mandir, Kupwara.
12. Sri Lakshmi Narayan Mandir, Bulbul Lankar
Srinagar. Ancient priceless idol removed by breaking one of the Temple
13. Temple at Shopian with four buildings and
shopping complex burnt. The Mahant at Napli mercilessly beaten, a south
Indian Sadhu assisting the Mahant asked to kill a cow. Pine, walnut, apple,
kikar and popular trees spread over 18 kanals of temple land to a great
extent destroyed. The Sadhu identitied some people of Danda Mohalla mainly
one Hassan Dand and Kuda Dand leading the mob besides Jamait-Islami workers
on the carnage.
14. Idols in Batayar Shiv Mandir desecrated.
15. Holy spring with Shiva idol desecrated at
Khrew resulting in Hindu Muslim conflict in the village.